Share this with family & friends...
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) Secretariat is offering scholarships to African students who wants to pursue a Doctorate program in the following institution:
- Nelson Mandela African Institution of Sciences and Technology, Tanzania
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology – Kenya.
- Makerere University, Uganda.
The following courses are eligible for this program:
- PhD in Life Sciences
- PhD in Food Science and Nutrition.
- PhD in Plant Breeding & Biotechnology.
- PhD Agricultural and Rural Innovations.
- Applicants must be Africans.
- Applicants must have completed their Masters programme less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Applicants must have applied for a Doctorate program at any of the Listed Universities above.
- Applicants must have excellent results from previous educational programs.
The following are required during application:
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates
Certified copies of all university transcripts
- At least temporary admission letter including fee structure of respective course (original or certified copy only), or an official letter assuring admission
- A Ph.D. research proposal (which must demonstrate relevance to development (the sections should include research area (background, rationale, objectives of the proposed research, proposed Methodology, and expected Results) and a detailed work plan (10 to 15 pages); plagiarism will be checked by DAAD!
- An abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal)
- A recommendation letter by head of department indicating that you are a member or prospective member of staff and how you will be integrated into the staff development agenda of the university.
- Confirmation of study leave from your university (if applicable)
Confirmation of teaching release (university staff members only)
- A letter from the applicant confirming availability to start PhD studies in September 2017 at the host university.
Applicants should visit the scholarship webpage to download the host university application forms.
The application deadline for this scholarship website is on 20th February 2017
For More Information Visit The Scholarship Webpage